Foreign tourists in Denmark are spoiled for choice when it comes to sightseeing as the country has so many different options to keep visitors on their feet. You can visit the Copenhagen Zoo, Thy National Park, Egeskov Castle, the Hans Christian Anderson Museum in Odense, Viking Museum, or Kronborg Castle, just a mention a few. Or you can visit online casino uden dansk licens (udenlandske casino = foreign casino in Danish) if you are a foreigner residing outside Denmark.
Sightseeing can be really exhausting, especially when you are on a tight schedule and are trying to cram in as much as you can into your daily schedule. However, it is important that take some time off to relax and enjoy some leisure time. One of the best ways to relax in Denmark is to play a few games of chance in a licensed Danish casino. Denmark is one of the safest places to gamble in Europe. Moreover, if you get lucky, you may win a large jackpot.
Danish Gambling Laws – An Example for the World
Danish gambling laws are strict, but they have resulted in the creation of a safe, secure, and well-regulated gambling industry. Moreover, Denmark’s online gambling industry is growing at a rapid pace and online casinos are mostly responsible for it.
The Danish Gaming Act was brought into effect on Jan 2012 with the purpose of properly regulating and simultaneously liberating the country’s gambling market. The new law made it easy for operators to obtain online gaming licenses. In addition to serving the purposes of operators, the act protects vulnerable groups such as minors, problem gamblers, and gambling addicts.
The Danish Gambling Authority is the gambling regulator in Denmark. One of its duties is to take action against unauthorized online gambling sites. Accordingly, it blocks payments, bans advertisements, and disrupts the Internet connection of any online gambling site that operates in Denmark without a license or fails to comply with the laws.
The law has also made the country one of the safest places to gamble in the world. It has succeeded in reducing the number of companies illegally operating online casinos in Denmark. By the end of 2018, the Danish Gambling Authority had announced 742 gambling sites as dangerous to play at because of their vague legal status.
The regulator’s focus on cracking down on illegal and unauthorized online gambling sites greatly helped the licensed ones to grow and thrive in Denmark.
Online Casinos Thrive in Denmark
According to a report in the online casino news portal CalvinAyre.com, online casinos contributed more to the total online gambling revenue in the last quarter of the financial year 2018.
According to the figures released by the Danish regulatory body, licensed gambling sites in Denmark generated total revenue of DKK1.655 billion in the last quarter of 2018, indicating a growth of 0.8% from the final quarter of 2017 and 1.9% from the third quarter of 2018.
Online casino revenue increased to DKK554.9 million, making up a 16% rise during the final quarter of 2018, setting a record high for the country’s regulated market.
The country’s overall market revenue, not including its lottery revenue, came up to DKK6.44 billion, which is 7.4% more than its revenue in 2017. While betting revenue increased by 8.4% to DKK2.52 billion, the online casino revenue increased to DKK2.16 billion.
So you will be playing in a licensed, safe, secure, and thriving gaming environment if you decide to login to a locally licensed online casino in the hotel room or visit a land-based casino in Denmark.
Land-based Casinos in Denmark
Here is a list of top land-based casinos in Denmark. You have to be at least 18 to play for real money at these casinos. You don’t have to worry about clothes as the dress code is quite relaxed. And you can choose from an interesting selection of video pokers, slot machine games, roulette games, and blackjack games.
Moreover, all these casinos form part of the Denmark Casino Jackpot Network. If you win a jackpot, you are going to win really big.
- Casino Aalborg – Located in North Jugland, this casino offers a hotel, an in-house restaurant, and 30 video poker games and slots along with other games such as Texas Hold’em, roulette, and blackjack.
- Casino Copenhagen – Casino Copenhagen is the largest casino in Denmark, featuring restaurants, bars, a casino, and a 500-room hotel. You can play 140 video poker games and slot machine games along with table & card games such as baccarat, blackjack, craps, baccarat, Oasis Stud, and several variants of roulette.
- Casino Odense – This is a small casino with around 40 video poker games and slot machine games, three Texas Hold’em tables, and roulette variants.
- Royal Casino Aarhus – This is a medium-sized casino attached to the Royal Hotel. You can choose from 60 video poker games and slot games, table games such as American Roulette and Blackjack and poker games such as Omaha, Seven Card Stud, and Texas Hold’em.
Top 5 Foreign Online Casinos in Denmark (Udenlandske Casinoer)
If you prefer playing from the comforts of your hotel room, you can choose one of these top five online casinos in Denmark. You can create an account on your smartphone or tablet and play for fun or real money. All these Danish online casinos welcome players with generous bonus offers.
- PlayOjo Casino offers a rich portfolio of over 3000 online casino games from the world’s top game providers. The online casino gives away plenty of free spins and does not restrict the amount you can win from your free spins. Moreover, there are absolutely no wagering requirements and no minimum withdrawal limits. If you get lucky, you may win the daily jackpot at PlayOjo Casino, which offers a minimum of €10,000 guaranteed.
- Casino Luck – Based on the theme of luck, Casino Luck welcomes Danish players with a generous bonus and offers games from multiple providers. Some of the most popular titles are Coins of Egypt, Twin Spin, Bonanza, Starburst, Doom of Egypt, and others.
- Mr. Green Casino – Based on the green theme, MrGreen Casino welcomes Danish players with a 100% deposit bonus plus 50 free spins when they sign up for real money play. Mr. Green Casino offers reliable payment methods, fast payouts, and 24/7 customer support. Winner of multiple industry awards, Mr. Green Casino offers an impressive portfolio of popular multi-vendor titles such as Starburst, Rich Wilde Book of Dead, Age of Asgard, and Dragon’s Fire Megaways.
- Queen Vegas Casino – Developed exclusively for Danish players, Queen Vegas Casino offers exciting Danish online casino games. The online casino features daily offers and welcome bonuses. You can play the best games from top providers such as PlayNGo, WMS, NetEnt, and BTG.